Book a full speedup for your WordPress site, from the Silicon Dales development team.
This product includes:
- Initial consultation.
- Speed optimization for WordPress website (non WooCommerce).
- WordPress migration (move site to a (faster) host) is included in the price.
During the initial consultation, your WordPress speed expert will discuss with your your business use case, any tagets and plans, and also talk about good times for carrying out optimization tasks. The current setup will be covered, so that we can understand where time savings may be made or – perhaps more importantly – certain elements must remain, even if they “slow things down” a little. One example is translations into multiple languages. We’ll be looking for your red lines and learning about any issues you’re currently experiencing.
Things like your current team, your hosting budget, and any potential problems (like old developer went away with logins!) will be covered here.
Almost every optimization will involve a hosting migration, even if the site is remaining on the same, or similar, server or system. Basically, its slow right now, and almost every time we work on slow sites, moving the hosting around is 100% necessary.
WordPress Speed Optimization
Our WP speed experts will carry out a full speedup service on your installation, in the new optimized hosting setup, to ensure your site loads fast on all pages. Working to pre-agreed targets in terms of PageSpeed (in your target region(s)), as well as objective measures using tools such as GTmetrix and Pingdom, we’ll speed your site up.
Usual target time is 1 second fully loaded pages on the front end and on the admin. If this cannot be achieved, then we will discuss the causes of slowness, and any deeper cuts which may be necessary. This will usually be a slow performing plugin.
At the end – sub-1-second pageloads
You will either be under 1 second per pageload, or you will know exactly which plugin(s) or custom code to cut out in order to be so.
Much more than just Front End speed
This is on the front end and also the admin. Its so much more than just Front End Optimization; in fact, we’ll get into:
- Hosting optimization
- PHP version upgrades
- Apache / Nginx configuration
- MySQL database optimizations – advanced
- Plugin replacement / removal
- Code / function replacement and review
- Theme recommendations (up to and including posting issues in your theme developer’s Github to help iron out slow performing queries)
- Plugin recommendations
- Advanced image optimization – including strategies you can use in the future
- Image scaling – using custom code if necessary
- Installation of a child theme if necessary (to hold custom code)
- Minification of JS, CSS and HTML
- Concatenation of JS, CSS and HTML
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) setup
- Asynchronous loading of JS / CSS (where possible)
- Critical (above the fold) CSS techniques (where possible)
- Full page caching setup
- Cache preloading
- Varnish configuration – advanced
- Memcached configuration – advanced
- Redis configuration – advanced
For full details on each service, see the individual product listing.